Eskom ... is there ANY chance? In CPT there is

Likely they fired the guy with the bad outlook, bad for the morale. :man_shrugging:t3: More likely tho, they still thinking they can improve on things and there is less likelihood of things failing. It’s just linear thinking plus lots of pressure from the R4 Million watch wearing man… and those managing an election.

PatekPhillipGroetnis

Not to make everyone excited just yet, but it seems the evening stats may be back.

Wow, this feels like a change …

And one day, once we have V2G and V2H, you will buy a car and get the inverter and batteries “for free”, financed by the bank to boot.

That’s actually an interesting experiment to do with an anti-EV South African who is ranting about how it will never work because load-shedding: Ask them how they feel about the idea of the car also being backup for the house…

1 Like

Why I’m not installing more batteries… One day (big if) if I get a car then V2H/G is my go to. Even a golf cart (I’m a golfer) could and should be added to my bank… (one with 48V lithium) - when the cart is not in use.

1 Like

Maybe read this :wink: Why BRICS Nations Are Creating A New Currency

https://twitter.com/chrisyelland/status/1647164332734828544?t=7j-ANr14m4GxfuYIvo4VtA&s=08

Let’s see how long he “holds his ground”

but…

Now this smacks of something … not sure what though.

Revenue protection… if you can supply during LS you can supply every other time so revenue loss to Eskom… simple problem they are going to face in SA!

That perpetual downward spiral…you ain’t gonna stop it

Not that anyone cares, but I checked today it’s dropped to R44 :slight_smile:

I am convinced I can influence takealot prices by looking at a particular product for a day or two in a row…then often it goes on “special”. So, keep checking, you could drive the woolies milk price down even further → Eat you heart out Elon/dogetwitter :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

So, seems we are on 10h LS today, Monday and Tuesday. 2 x 4h slots and 1 x 2 hour slot.

This probably means that what is still up and running, is running 150% flat-out.

Eskom is cooked and local council corrupt/incompetent etc. no dispute. Eskom most likely do not want to lose out on revenue (it definitely would have improved since Rural Maintenance took over the supply in the Mafube council).

It still remains interesting to see how these battles play out and how this is seemingly about eskom wanting a town to not use their own solar plant to help themself. This looks a bit disingenuous though.

Eskom allowed rural maintenance to trial their own load shedding implementation

Trial_Period

The “Frankfort PV Independent Power Project” apparently has a PV capacity of about 3.8MW and 1MWh battery (solarMD if curious)

Frankfort apparently has a peak load of around 6.5MW.

[link]

[link]

So, from a purely practical perspective what happens with unexpected bad weather or load changes when loadshedding is required on the national grid level - Frankfort is not independent from the National grid yet. How does eskom plan around this? What SLA is in place?

Something else that I also think still needs attention in general are the notions of corruption/revenue protection etc. The “Frankfort PV Independent Power Project” consists of Rural Maintenance and 20 shareholders that raised around R100 million for this specific project.

The current loadshedding schedule that Rural maintenance implements makes a differentiation between residential and industrial customers.

[link]

At least some people feel the schedule changes are problematic

[Link]

Will there exist checks and balances for the little guy in the street vs the wealthier shareholders when/if (unlikely) we go full private? Will the ability to sway decisions suddenly be renamed corporate strategy, while in the state we call it theft and corruption? This question is not specifically about Rural maintenance and also not meant to suggest anything untoward about their dealings - their being in the news just make the numbers easier to find to use as examples.

1 Like

Awesome @Village_Idiot!

Those people who complaining, here is a few suggestions to follow up on:

1. Install their own solar system, or get a UPS.
  2. Go and speak to towns that carry the full brunt of 10h load-shedding now per day.
  3. Their Munics probably owe millions to Eskom.
  4. Compare their electricity cost per unit with what the rest of us pay.

… or just “shut up” if the above four suggestions are not investigated. Educate yourself, complainer!

My 2 cents. :wink:

Can anyone explain this to me … been observing similar for a long time now … please try. :slight_smile:

Note! Level 6, 5, 5

Monday, April 17
2:00 AM — 4:30 AM Stage 6 - 2 hours
8:00 AM — 12:30 PM Stage 5 - 4 hours
6:00 PM — 8:30 PM Stage 5 - 2 hours
Total: 8h

Tuesday, April 18
12:00 AM — 4:30 AM Stage 6 - 4 hours
10:00 AM — 12:30 PM Stage 5 - 2 hours
4:00 PM — 8:30 PM Stage 5 - 4 hours
Total: 10h

Wednesday, April 19
2:00 AM — 4:30 AM Stage 6 - 2 hours
10:00 AM — 12:30 PM Stage 5 - 2 hours
6:00 PM — 8:30 PM Stage 5 - 2 hours
Total: 6h

Sunday past, also a 10h “shift” being a 655.

And to confirm I’m not “silly” …

AND …

Eskom load-shedding hit 7,072MW on Thursday, 13 April 2023, which, according to the power utility’s definition, equates to stage 8.

I’ve said a number of times now that we are being BS’tted.

Go on, try explain it to me … give it good try ok! :rofl:

Oh but that is easy, they lying baasted’s…

StagedGroetnis