DIY 48V Lipo Build

Any takers … want to place an order for:
AP20S003 LIFEPO4 LI-ION 7-20S 200A
±$5.5 extra for added UART/RS485 port added for interfacing with i.e. Venus whilst Bluetooth is active.
±$5.5 extra for JBD UART Communication Box Intelligent Lithium Battery Protection Board USB 2.0 Interface,UART Tool

Estimated Costs:
BMS Cost: $75.40
Extra Port: $5.50
USB Box: $5.50
Shipping: $46.32
= $132.72

• SA rates and taxes as per DHL
  • Courier to you from Cpt

I’m in for 1. The more we get the lower the cost…:smiley:

1 Like

Is this now for the group by, or on top of that?

Group buy … have 4 x 200a ones confirmed, possibly 1 x 12v also being looked at.

Another 200A for me please!

Where did you get these 20A? cells?
Please provide more detail on the cells as well…

20a cells or 20(200) amps charging?

Batteries are normally described by Ah capacity (e.g. SLA batteries) or a type e.g. 18650 for Li-Ion…

1 Like

Morning Richard, if I read this correct he is referring to the recommended discharge rate for this cell. It’s recommended that you discharge the cell at 0.2C and that equals 20A. So the 20A is not the AH rating.

1 Like

20A is meaningless (unfortunately)

Not in Lithiums, it indicate the recommended discharge current, that is meaningful in every single disign aspect, maybe you are not use to the term, because it was not a big issue in old lead acids but for us in the game now, that rating has a lot of meaning (fortunately)

1 Like

AHA, @neliuszeeman has a whole new type of bank that he is putting together, a LOT of batteries in series, parallel. Not the general “run of the mill” bank.

Perhaps Nelius Zeeman can post a pic of these batteries to put us out of our misery??

Hi @Richard_Mackay , @TheTerribleTriplet , @JacoDeJongh
The batteries that im using is 20A Cells, and the charge Current is 0.2C, 4A.
here is a link to the cells. Mine in just 2 bundles. 10A x2.
Powerbank Li On Cells 10000mah Rechargeable 3.7v 1055125 10ah Lithium Battery - Buy Lithium Polymer Battery 10000mah,10000mah Li-ion Polymer Battery,Power Bank Battery Product on Alibaba.com

1 Like