Cool (he he) tool

Man, there is all manner of possible support in that area. There’s also the okes from Parrow, and some blokes up in Goodwood area… and I think the most feisty guys I’ve seen were some tradies from Mitchell’s plain. Almost had an incident when some settlers started blocking the roads while protesting for services on some unserviced bit of land they made home. You don’t want to cross a Mitchell’s Plain plumber or electrician who needs to get to work with a random protest… they don’t have the political baggage to hold them back that others do… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You mean Crowstantia?

I’m originally from Strand, so Bellville is posh for me.

Ugh I so want a FLIR…

Have even looked at building one myself, but in they end they just buy a FLIR Lepton sensor too, so it is basically a slightly worse FLIR.

1 Like

Yes. Cannot warrant the expense…

Was busy restoring a nice little bench grinder for my grandson, that was running hot.

Left it running for a bit and could immediately see that the problem was with the Oilite bushing on the left hand side.

3 Likes

Thermal cameras are awesome and a lot of fun to play with (until the novelty wears off). The company I work for has one of these: Thermal Cameras for your Smartphone - Seek Thermal | Affordable Infrared Thermal Imaging Cameras
I actually picked it up on one of my trips to the US. They were much cheaper back then. I think it was about $120 or $150 if I remember correctly. They are pretty nice because they work with most smartphones and tablets. We just have a cheapish 7" tablet that we use only for the thermal camera and it works pretty well. Unfortunately you don’t have the option then of overlaying the thermal image on a photograph which looks like a very nice feature on that CAT phone of yours.

I do quite a lot of electronics repairs as well and hope to use the camera for pinpointing issues via hotspotting. Also allows me to check the health of my solar investment :smile:

Sure: Even more useful when you are manufacturing a PCB and a quick way to check if the heat pattern is regular or not…

Not only electronics, but also useful for checking up possible frost damage to my wife’s succulents on the patio.

First time I heard that sales pitch for a new gadget :smiley:

Well, if it works … :joy:

1 Like