PylonTech lowest/highest cell voltages

At this page:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

It mentions: “Note that ‘details’ menu of the battery (e.g. Lowest and Highest cell voltages etc) is not currently supported by Pylontech.”

Is this still true for the US2000C plus?

Thanks!

No longer accurate. The latest Pylontech firmware supports it. More specifically, it detects that it is in a Victron system (because of an identification message broadcasted by the GX device), and then it activates the extra diagnostic features.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks. I assume only on the C-series?

No, also for the B-series.

1 Like

What firmware version? On latest firmware (I think - 1.9? and VRM on 2.72) but don’t see a ‘Details’ menu option under Pylontech battery on GX?! Is there something I need to do?

They added it to Version 2.8 of the Pylontech firmware. On the GX side the support has been there since Venus 2.40.

Some of the “modules online/offline/blocking” numbers are still a bit wonky in 2.8. Better support for that is coming soon.

2 Likes

I got the latest firmware for the US2000B plus from Pylontech. It is version 2.9.

I’ve now got the high and low cell voltages under the battery details:

My batteries are part numbers US2000NB02V00101 and
US2000NB02V00201. I’ll upload the file if I can figure out how to do that.

1 Like

Do me a favour and watch the “blocking” numbers. In version 2.8. it would show that it was blocking charge when the battery is full, even though it wasn’t actually blocking charge (which it does by actually opening a FET). They are supposed to correct this, but I’m not sure if they’ve done so yet.

You should only see a module blocking charge if the highest cell is pushed above 3.6V.

Will do. With the current miserable weather it might be a while before the batteries get close to 100% again.

@PierreJ Would you mind sharing screenshots of the rest of the menu?

The Pylontech battery device entry:

Details submenu:

Alarms submenu:

The others all seem the same as before.

2 Likes

Can you please share the V2.9 firmware file? You can perhaps send by email if not possible to load onto thread…

1 Like

I wanted to attach it to my post, but the forum doesn’t seem to allow binary attachments.

I’ve now shared it on my Google Drive:

2 Likes

Thanks! Downloaded!

Seems it still does that. Battery is at 99%, and it is showing a module as blocking:

Up to 100%, and now all the batteries are “blocking”:

“Blocking” in Pylontech speak seems to mean “100% charged”.

Yeah. The info I have is that this is not yet fixed for the B-series, but it was as good an opportunity as any to have someone test it for me :slight_smile:

Lost in translation I suspect, but it will be fixed in a future version. This is all just for diagnostic purposes anyway and does not in any way hamper the operation of the battery.

One very useful use case for it is TTT’s DC ripples. When all the modules are blocking charge, that’s a very helpful flag to help a support person know why it is doing that!

2 Likes

I have also uploaded the (currently) latest firmware for the US2000C and US3000C. It is version 2.1:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XC2qs3wODcOs-6BoGH92LXLO4glfrAQz/view?usp=sharing