MPPT - Temperature Throttle?

Ok. Sorted. I turn it correct way now :rofl: it can still work if the mppt is turn correctly with the design.

1 Like

Now the inverter is wrong. Eish!

1 Like

Ok, I found the cause and it’s not (really) temperature related, but it gets warm nonetheless. Here are some stats:

RS450/100 + 150/35 over-paneled to +5.5kW in total. (On a good day, facing NE and NW)
Multi 5K.
Managed Battery accepting 200A charge current.

I noticed this morning that at the exact time the battery reaches 100% the PV starts to flatten the curve so to speak. The way it does this is by throttling the 150/35 down.

The cause is that I can charge the battery at full tilt and supply the house using PV. At the point where the battery cries ‘Enough!’ there is more than +5kW PV available but that is too much for the Multi as it realistically only generates 4.6kW when feeding both the house with the remainder feeding back to the Grid.

So, in short. Works as designed - just the way I want it to.

1 Like

Ok Sarel from that other forum is now on this forum :slight_smile: Hahahaha ja that is one way to do it. You would be surprised at how little difference the orientation change makes. Only a few degrees less. The unit still got to over 70Celsius when I turned it to the correct orientation at the rated output.

So active cooling it is. I placed it back to the ‘wrong’ orientation and will cool it by active fan control with temp sensing. The parts actually arrived yesterday to do this. Will stat a new thread on my system as I am no longer active over there and my account is permanently deleted.
Groetnis

4 Likes

Welkom Sarel :slight_smile:
Looking forward to new system thread

@Sarel.Wagner Welcome!!! I was trying to find you the last 2 weeks looking around on the internet if you maybe have posted on a other group and with todays post about something ells someone help. Nice to see you here now. Time to post that nice system of yours :slight_smile:

Thanx people! This is real welcoming….

Groetnis

1 Like