Pylontech Firmware Updates (We Take No Responsibility For Any Firmware Posted Here, Choose Correct Firmware For Your Battery)

Anyone willing to share the latest Firmware for their Pylons as well as the latest “Update Software” with us?

I want to see if we can keep this thread up to date with new firmware versions as they get released.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Morning Jaco,
asking a newbie type question. what will a firmware update for my Pylontech do ?

Latest firmware for the US2000B plus, version 2.9:

Latest firmware for the US2000C and US3000C, version 2.1:

I have BatteryView 3.0.24, but that’s almost 6 months old, so there’s probably a newer version available.

1 Like

The latest firmware for the US2000B plus adds the lowest and highest cell voltages to the information communicated to the inverter. Also, if you intend to mix B series and C series batteries you might run into compatibility issues if they’re on older firmware.

1 Like

This is the main reason for me doing it.

1 Like

Morning Pierre, I cant seem to find a place to download BatteryView, the 2 sites I found looks suspect and i dont want to download from there. May I please ask you for a link to the correct site.

Also do you use the console port to update the firmware and what pin layout do you use for the Rj11 and Rj45?

I’ve posted the latest BatteryView that I have (3.0.24). It’s from earlier this year, and is most likely no longer the latest, but it still works well enough:

I have found the service from Pylontech to be very good. I haven’t asked for BatteryView yet, but when I sent a mail to service@pylontech.com.cn to ask for the latest firmwares they sent it to me within a day on both occasions.

Pinout for the B series:

Pinout for the C series:

And here’s a crude sketch for making up a 9-pin serial plug to RJ45 plug for the C series:

The DB-9 plug side for the B-series is the same as the C-series, but they changed the other end from RJ11 to RJ45.

You will most likely need an RS232 to USB converter unless you’re able to dig up an old laptop that still has a serial port. I recently bought this one, and it works fine (after I spent some time hunting for the Windows 10 driver):
https://www.geewiz.co.za/usb-cables/34501-unbranded-ser002-usb-to-serial-rs232-9-pin-male-cable-1m.html

Note: I have made up a cable for the C series, but I have not actually used it yet. Still waiting for my batteries :wink:

1 Like

Things with the batteries and so many other spares are currently getting out of hand. Apparently everything is stuck on the docks, “they” dont want to release the stock as “someone” is afraid that it might get looted. If only I can find out who “They” And “Someone is”

We tried to buy some stock including batteries from other suppliers, but they sit with the same issues. I am running out of options for replacement stock for my next few installations. If things dont change soon I am going to be in trouble.

1 Like

International chip shortage is still a big problem and looks like it will continue to be for another 6-12 months.

I have tried this cable on a UC3000C and it did not work, @CenturionSolar might be able to assist here.
Johan can you maybe share the Pinout for the rs232 to Rj45 needed to communicate with the newer Pylons.

Anyone here with a Active/Ghost account on the other side, can you please ask Youda to come visit us. I am banned from that side and cant contact him myself. I was banned for sending PM’s to guys, asking them to come visit us, my PM’s got checked… so please be warned, you might face the same consequences…

I found this image on the other forum:

It is exactly the same as the sketch above. Are you sure it is not something else? The USB to serial adapter perhaps:

Let me recheck again… The USB to serial works with the other cable… will report back soon.

Sorry, my fault, bad soldering caused the RX to hang loose in the plug…

Now it works

1 Like

More Julle,

That pinout is correct yes, however, the C battery also has a 12V wakeup pin for when the port goes into sleep mode, so the cable you made above might fail at times, but that can be fixed with a plug out, plug in.

Have a good one!

3 Likes

Anyone know the pinouts to make a cable like this for UP5000 yet?

Same as the Us3000c, to my knowledge

2 Likes

Tested. The Us3000c cable does work on the UP5000 as well.

Received all the latest firmware 2 weeks back. Cell voltages were not available after updating the US3000A’s. Mailed Pylontech again and received a new version of the US3000A firmware today. Now it seems to be working.

For those who want to try updating the firmware, do not try to update any op the A or B models with C firmware, Pylontech Warned Me that I will brick the unit of I try.

Thanks, will make one and give it a go.