Blue Nova 5.2Kwh

Another proof of the company validity is this invoice I received from Microcare (Trading as LLP Investments) Sadly my address isn’t displayed, but my old phone number is there.

Aren’t you glad you ran into us? :stuck_out_tongue:

I do apologize, but I have to prepare you, the guys on this forum will do some serious homework before buying anything online… They will catch up on who the two entity’s are that left reviews for your company in December 2021.

References is the secret to doing successful business in this industry…

1 Like

This happened to me a few years ago. The guy even sent me a (fake) proof of payment. However at that time I literally didn’t have enough money in the account to pay him back. So I promised to pay it back as soon as it reflects in my account. He was very upset and wanted to involve the authorities. I told him to go for it as it was his mistake not mine. I never heard from him again, nor did the funds ever reflect.

1 Like

Thank you guys, your harsh scrutiny is received in good spirit. :grin:
Just a Lone Ranger trying to make an honest living.

fake looking “reviews”, alt accounts on forums or posting in the third form unfortunately makes things look suspect.

not having the complete address initially on the site also did not help

1 Like

For a cart that will allow you to use ZAR, I can recommend opencart.
Best of all, it’s free.

4 Likes

If claiming to trade as a company CIPC registration would also likely not hurt.

The bitcoin and non ZAR currency preference also makes me feel worried that the guys from SARS are going to pitch up at my door wanting to know about my involvement in tax evasion or money laundering. (I noted the explanation of currency and also know BTC!=Crime - just pointing out how people might respond to what they see).

Also @Solarphile I would tone down the gumtree adverts (I accept that many chancers might contact you through gumtree but some potential real customers may not respond well to what looks like a somewhat aggressive tone).

I am registered with CIPC. Is it advisable to display the registration number somewhere on the website?

I understand what you are saying about the aggressive tone in some of the adverts on Gumtree. I just get so tired of the “Is it still available?” And the “I’m interested, please call me” and the “What is your best price?” messages I always get. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I have deleted those adverts.

I hear you.

Personally, I prefer to pay via EFT, less risk ito the CVV being misplaced out “there”. :wink:

Re. Cost of doing business, yeah, I kinda agree, as it depends heavily on the cost of the items.

Startups cannot afford losses.

1 Like

As ar as I know the regsitration number has to be on your invoices in any case but as a consumer I definitely will dig a lot before I hand over money to any entity that is new to me - knowing that there is some information potentially verifiable with third party/independent sources increases the odds of me potentially trusting you.

Edit: look at most established online stores - you will see their regsitration info somewhere (if not specifically displayed on the landing/about page it is in the terms section)

Virtual Cards my friend :slight_smile: Virtual Cards

1 Like

YES!!!

But I’m not changing banks for that, all will eventually get there, as I reckon it will curb CC fraud a LOT.

You just need a CC at a bank that support it. No need to change everything.
For instance you can get a Discovery CC for R70pm that has Virtual cards.

I think also forums like this, give credence to sellers.

Like Wan Amy whom we bought the cells from in China, Phil pointed me to her, her credibility was applauded all over forums everywhere, and she has been an absolute pleasure to deal with.

2 Likes