The new Sunsynk dongle

Welcome, haven’t seen you for many many years, How you doing?

If you are on the SMH project , I think its safe to assume you are working with Johan?

Hi. I am doing very well thank you. Yes, Johan is my business partner. I develop SMH and Johan and the team does the support.

I still snigger a little about the acronym. The young 'uns on social media use that to say “shaking my head” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have spend some time with Johan a few months back and he showed me what the software can do… It has some real cool functions.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes so it all started with AICC for windows that became the Pi version. After being blackmailed by our friend from Phalaborwa I had to remove myself from the ICC project. Then he did the same thing to Johan years later. As luck would have it the things he used to blackmail me no longer had an effect so I could testify on Johan’s behalf. Then we decided to team up as it was mostly my ideas from the start. It took me 2 years to rewrite everything. The core is very stable now as I wrote a new USB driver etc. Now we are just adding more hardware to support. There is a mobile app also. I have some new ideas I want to add that will automate more things. The profiles were the first step. I know that Sunsynck has its own app. I have a Sunsynk also. But it only updates every 1 to 5 minutes depending on the profile you have and the ESP32 that sends the data can buffer only 2 days of data if your internet goes down. SMH has 2-second real-time feedback to any of the font ends, the web app, the desktop app, and the mobile app. I use 128 bit ent-to-end encryption to make it secure. It also records the data locally so no data loss. So I add things that I want to see myself in the software that is why I started AICC 7 years ago.

1 Like

Yes, there is a lot of SMH out there.

[

Sydney Morning Herald

](https://www.smh.com.au/)

Smh - Urban Dictionary

](Urban Dictionary: smh)

I had to call the mobile app SMH Mobile as SMH is already taken, but so is life.

It took me longer than expected to figure out what SMH is, it is not an easy term to google. Luckily if you append “solar” you are the first result.

Is there any demo of SMH available, like a dashboard with dummy data to explore?

Hi. You can download the app and link to a live system of a Hotel with 9 inverters that SMH is managing.

Not sure if you are Android or Apple.

As from version 3.1.0 you will be able to download SMH and flash it yourself. You will get a 14-day trail then. SMH runs on Ubuntu and Linux Mint also. I have not released that as we still need to set up the repos etc. It will also run on Orange Pi SBCs but we also need to setup the repos for that.

Johan also made some videos on the Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXmeO9RHL3jb-67uPDuzplTEDekKilaIv

Scan this QR code.

2 Likes