JBD BMS Settings

Pheewee, I almost had a speed wobble when my newly installed JBD 200A BMS’s relay stopped working after a couple of cell voltage overshoots to 3.65v.

After I installed the BMS it charged fine and then I had the overvoltage. After that the relay just clicked but would not go into charge or discharge mode. It stayed in idle mode. I thought that I had bust the bloody thing and then started to go through the setting parameters to check if I had somehow fluffed something. This morning I went through the manual again and compared the pictures to my settings and saw that the “Fet ctl” was set to 10s whereas mine was set to 0s. (The manual does not discuss the “Fet ctl” settings")
Changed mine to 10s and it came alive again…

@GVC Where did you download the PC software?

2 Likes

Damn, well spotteted @GVC

This is the video I thought about, but not your case, as it is the reverse i.e. on a low battery:

1 Like

I know this is a very old thread, but has anyone figured out how to change the fet ctl settings without UART? It’s giving me so much grief, but it will be quite some time before I can get my hands on a USB to UART. I do have a USB to serial that I use for Cisco switches, but I’m not sure if that can be used.